Thursday, August 27, 2015

Take your Multivitamins but be cautious!

This right here is the third-ranked multivitamin according to labdoor, yet did you know that 2 of its 6 vitamins had significant claim variance? Vitamin A for example measured 75% below its label claim!! That is pretty significant.

I love my multivitamins and take it, along with other vitamins and supplements. Of course, Omega 3 is by far my favorite and I take 3 grams a day. (Reduces anxiety by 40% in 60% of people who take 3 grams a day and inflammation by 14%!) I like Valerian Root too, an "all natural anxiety reliever" one could say, and it's inexpensive. Had I not gotten myself stuck on Cymbalta 5 years ago, I would probably take St. Johns Wart or due to the ease in discontinuation and its effectiveness in comparison to prescription antidepressants, I think 5HTP would have been good. 

I think you need to take a multivitamin because our body just does not produce what is needs to at the extent anymore. We used to eat lots of fish and be plentiful in Omega 3, and now many companies are lowering their Omega 3 supply because of Mercury. Yet Omega 6 and 9, plentiful in starches, are overutilyzed. Our bodies do change as our diets change and plants/animals evolve.

But ultimately, you need to try to get your vitamins/nutrients naturally. Nothing better than some acai and blueberries! Some organic yogurt. And of course our greens. Full of nutrition.

Writing a food diary and then getting a lab result of vitamin/nutrient deficiencies, followed by studying the efficiency of metabolism of multiviatims is a good way to ensure your body gets nutritious value.

P.S. - We over utilize Folic Acid and Vitamin C by the way, so you don't have to waste your money on that! Want Vitamin C? Stand outside. Yeah, some doctor's say don't do that (My mom's friend was told to get as little sun as possible) but Vitamin C and UV Rays do not exclusively come from a sunny day. Go to the beach on a cloudy day. Wake up that next day see how burnt you are! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment